scopes

Jamesfromjersey

scopes

Postby Jamesfromjersey » Sun May 15, 2016 8:26 pm

spartan II 026.JPG
My first variable handgun scope was a 2-6X by Redfield that has long since been discontinued. It was with this scope that I learned how to shoot my FA`s 454. I handloaded hundreds of factory power rounds that were shot at the range plus whatever loaded ammo I bought. That scope lasted a number of years and finally had to be repaired. I continued shooting with it a while longer until the optics went and it now sits in the bottom drawer. Today I will use Leupold and Burris scopes. The Leupolds are on my heavy kickers like my 475 Linebaugh- 454- and 460 S&W. I have a Burris on my FA`s 41mag with a 10" barrel and my 6.5JDJ Contender. I once bought a Bausch & Lomb Elite variable that I mounted on my 454. I purchased some 360gr Corbon Penetrator ammo for a hippo hunt that never happened. After the third shot, while sighting in the gun, I knew something was wrong and found that the scope tube detached from the turrent housing. Returned the scope and they replaced it which was great, however the point is to buy the best quality handgun scope, for those heavy kicking hand cannons, rather then go through what I did. Some members may have a completely different experience then I with their scopes but this is what I experienced........ The photo shows a Leupold 2-8X on my FA`s 475. The mount is a T`SOB by SSK along with four excellent Weigand magnum rings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"........"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want"......

Vlakvark

Re: scopes

Postby Vlakvark » Wed May 25, 2016 1:07 pm

James,

I love your FA and it is a monster hog.
Yes sometimes you hear from one person that certain scopes are good while other had bad experience with the same brand. To me aftermarket service is what count not brand names.

Jamesfromjersey

Postby Jamesfromjersey » Wed May 25, 2016 10:42 pm

Vlak, I agree with you 100%.....................
"Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"........"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want"......

edward

Postby edward » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:42 pm

leupold,burris,bushnell,pretty much in that order.

Return to “Telescopes”