my first bobcat`s

Post your trophy pictures with short description here.
Please note: Re size the picture files to approximately 860X640 before you upload them. Maximum file size 600Kbite.
Jamesfromjersey

my first bobcat`s

Postby Jamesfromjersey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:50 am

bobcat 009.JPG
bobcat 014 - Copy.JPG
01-21-2017 03;57;59PM.JPG

In all the years I have hunted in areas that held bobcat I never had the chance to take one. So this past January I arranged a hunt over bait in north-east Maine hear in the States. The outfitter put me in a box blind and at 1:30 in the afternoon the cat just appeared out of nowhere. He was 19 1/2 yards away. Shot a handload using a 210gr XTP over a heavy charge of AA#9 powder from my Freedom Arms model 83 in 41mag... The bullet is running over 1700fps...Very accurate...The next day had me in a elevated box blind with the floor being 20ft high and giving me a 360 degree view of a clear cut in those thick Maine pine trees...The bait was 59 1/2 yards away and at 2:30 in the afternoon I caught some movement at the bait to find the cat had come in unseen through a small cut in the cover. I set my scope at 5x and waited until he stopped pulling on the bait to expose his shoulder. I SLOWLY squeezed the trigger and when I looked through the scope after the recoil I could see the cats ear, and it was not moving......This was such an exciting hunt for me because these were the first bobcat`s I`ve taken and it was the first time I hunted the state of Maine. You must excuse the bottom picture because I could not help myself and placed a pre-WW2 S&W advertisement titled"Bye-bye, Bobcat" next to my photo and scanning....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"........"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want"......

Return to “Brag Page”